Hello, my name is Kath and I want to welcome you to Wags and Whiskers Pet Care.
By way of introduction I worked as a qualified midwife on a labour ward for 26 years in The Midlands. After taking early retirement I got married and moved up to Cumbria with my 2 cats, Rosie and Stanley, to join my husband, lovely step-daughter and Coco the chocolate labrador.
I pride myself on my professionalism, and my huge love of animals makes setting up a dog walking and pet sitting business a perfect career move to suit my caring nature in one of the most beautiful parts of the country.
I look forward to meeting you and your pets soon to help contribute in providing a fun and fulfilled life for them.
Fully insured, DBS police checked, an online diploma in pet care and pet first aid trained.
A variety of personalised and fun dog walks in the Keswick area under close supervision.
Daily or twice daily cat visits to change litter, feed, provide fresh water and play!
Any medication can be administered as prescribed and visits can be arranged to accommodate their needs.
To include rabbits, Guinea pigs, hamsters, birds and fish.
Hutches will be cleaned and fresh food and water provided.
The dog walking service I offer is for a maximum of 2 dogs, either 2 single dogs or 2 dogs from the same household in the Keswick area. This way I can devote more attention to them as individuals and reduce travelling times between pick ups. They will be collected and transported safely to a variety of beautiful locations and walked according to ability on or off the lead, after discussion with yourself, to help stimulate them both mentally and physically. After a fun filled walk they will be returned home happy and content, towelled off and provided with fresh water to await your return.
2nd dog welcomed for an extra £3
2nd dog from same household welcomed for an extra £7.50
The price is per visit to clear up after any 'accidents', feed, and spend time playing to help burn off some excess energy!
Whilst i am cat sitting I would recommend keeping your cats indoors whilst you are away, with the use of a litter tray which will be cleaned at each visit, to ensure their safety and allow monitoring of their general well being, check they've eaten and allow time to play. However, if you're happy for them to access the outdoors with a cat flap then all I would ask is for a disclaimer to be signed which will be discussed at the initial consultation.
Up to 2 cats
Up to 2 cats
Your small animals are just as important to me and I will give them the same amount of attention as any larger pet. Hutches will be cleaned, and fresh food and water will be provided as directed by yourself, as well as some play time if appropriate.
Whilst you are away during a visit I would be more than happy to bring in the post, pull curtains, turn on/off the lights or water any plants as required at no extra cost.
Will i meet the dog walker?
Absolutely. I will meet you personally at the initial consultation and be solely responsible for your pet.
Do you offer a weekend service or an overnight stay?
My working week is Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, (excluding bank holidays). However it may be possible to arrange a weekend visit subject to my availability at an enhanced rate.
On occasions it may be possible for me to stay overnight, again an enhanced rate would apply. Please ask for details.
What is your cancellation policy?
Please contact me by email or telephone giving at least 24 hours notice, for no charges to apply. After that 50% of the service charge will apply.
What security measures do you take?
Your key will be kept secure and away from personal information and no key can be identified to any property. In the event of your key being lost or stolen we will advise you immediately. Your personal information will never be sold or discussed with any 3rd parties in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
How do i pay?
Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice preferably by online bank transfer. Alternatively cash or cheques can be accepted.
Account Name: Wags and Whiskers Pet Care
Sort Number: 40-36-10
Account Number: 31595067
*When asked for the 'Payee Reference' please enter your pet's name and your surname.
If you have any questions regarding a service outside of those listed please ask. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Barf Cottage, Thornthwaite, Keswick. CA12 5SQ
09:00 – 17:00
Weekends and Bank Holidays by separate negotiation. Price premium will apply.
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted Wags and Whiskers Pet Care terms and conditions (as laid out here) on signature of the contract.
2. Wags and Whiskers will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the client and the contract, with full details of client requirements, has been signed by the client.
3. Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice via bank transfer, cash or cheque.
4. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client's absence. (i.e., food, medication, leads, collars, cat litter etc).
6. The client must provide Wags and Whiskers with an alternative name and contact number in the event of an emergency. If the contact is not available Wags and Whiskers reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
7. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Wags and Whiskers.
8. Wags and Whiskers must be alerted to any behavioural problems with their pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
9. Although Wags and Whiskers holds Public Liability insurance, wherever possible pets should be insured by the client. Wags and Whiskers reserves the right to refuse a booking for any animal which is not insured.
10. Wags and Whiskers will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Wags and Whiskers cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.